- Preimplantation Genetic Testing
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- Physiological Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration - Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration
- LASER ASSISTED HATCHING
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Get the Best IUI treatment at Delfinium Fertility & IVF Centre
What is ICSI?
ICSI stands for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. It is an advanced approach used at the side of in vitro fertilization (IVF) to deal with excessive male infertility. At some point in ICSI, a single sperm is injected into an egg to facilitate fertilization.
The steps of the ICSI procedure are as follows:
- Egg retrieval: The female undergoes ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval, similar to the IVF manner. A couple of eggs are retrieved using a minor surgical operation.
- Sperm collection: The male accomplice provides a semen pattern on the same day as the egg retrieval. If the male partner has a low sperm count or other issues, sperm may be obtained through different strategies like testicular biopsy or epididymal aspiration.
- Sperm choice and preparation: An enormously professional embryologist selects a single healthful and motile sperm from the semen pattern. The chosen sperm is then organized by eliminating surrounding cells and particles.
- Egg injection: Using a specialized micromanipulation technique, an unmarried sperm is injected directly into the cytoplasm of each mature egg retrieved from the lady. This procedure bypasses the herbal fertilization system.
- Embryo lifestyle: After the injection, the fertilized eggs (embryos) are cultured in the laboratory for a few days to allow for development and growth.
When ICSI should considered as a treatment option:
- Severe Male Infertility: ICSI is primarily used when the male partner has a significantly low sperm count, poor sperm motility, abnormal sperm shape (morphology), or other severe sperm-related issues that make natural fertilization unlikely.
- Previous IVF Failure: If a couple has experienced failed IVF cycles due to poor fertilization or low success rates, ICSI can be recommended to increase the chances of successful fertilization.
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval: In cases where the male partner has obstructive azoospermia (absence of sperm in the ejaculate due to a blockage), surgical procedures like testicular sperm extraction (TESE) or epididymal sperm aspiration (PESA) may be performed. ICSI is then used to fertilize the retrieved sperm.
- Frozen Sperm: If a couple has frozen sperm samples with low viability or motility, ICSI can be used to achieve fertilization.
- Genetic Testing: ICSI may be recommended for couples who require preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) to screen embryos for specific genetic disorders. Directly injecting a single sperm into each egg, allows for precise selection and testing of individual embryos before transfer.
Impact of choosing Delfinium Fertility and IVF Centre
Deciding on the proper IVF centre is a meaningful choice that could substantially affect your journey to parenthood. Delfinium IVF Centre will be the excellent preference for a spread of motives, including modern-day era, a group of experienced specialists, a holistic technique to fertility care, high achievement rates, and patient-centric care. Underneath the supervision and observation of Dr. Nalini Gupta, the affected person can rest assured of the excellent effects.
With access to
A small river named Duden flows by their place and supplies it with the necessary regavelialia. It is a paradise.