- Preimplantation Genetic Testing
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- Physiological Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration - Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration
- LASER ASSISTED HATCHING
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Get the Best IUI treatment at Delfinium Fertility & IVF Centre
Infertility can be an emotionally challenging journey for many couples. Advances in reproductive technologies have brought hope and opportunities to address underlying genetic issues that may lead to infertility or genetic disorders in offspring. Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT) is a groundbreaking technique that plays a crucial role in assisting couples facing infertility to have healthy pregnancies. This essay explores the concept of PGT, its working mechanism, and strategies to avoid gene disorders through PGT.
Understanding Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT):
PGT is a sophisticated genetic screening technique used during in vitro fertilization (IVF) to assess the genetic health of embryos before their transfer into the uterus. It allows embryologists to identify specific genetic abnormalities, chromosomal disorders, or single gene disorders in embryos, ensuring that only genetically healthy embryos are selected for implantation. This process significantly increases the chances of successful pregnancies while reducing the risk of passing on inheritable genetic disorders to the child.
How PGT Works:
- IVF Procedure: The PGT process begins with the standard IVF procedure, where multiple eggs are retrieved from the woman’s ovaries and fertilized with the partner’s sperm in a laboratory dish.
- Embryo Culture: The resulting embryos are allowed to develop and grow in the laboratory for a few days.
- Biopsy: At a specific stage of embryo development, typically on day 5 or 6 after fertilization, a few cells are gently removed from each embryo for genetic testing. The removal of cells is called a biopsy and is performed using specialized techniques that have minimal impact on the embryo’s viability.
- Genetic Testing: The biopsied cells undergo genetic analysis using advanced technologies like polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). This allows for the detection of chromosomal abnormalities or specific gene mutations associated with genetic disorders.
- Embryo Selection: Based on the results of the genetic testing, embryologists identify and select embryos that are free from genetic abnormalities for transfer into the woman’s uterus. This step ensures that only healthy embryos are used, increasing the likelihood of a successful pregnancy and reducing the risk of passing on genetic disorders.bbb
Benefits of choosing Delfinium Fertility and IVF Centre
PGT is a complex procedure that demands a high level of expertise and experience. At Delfinium Fertility and IVF Centre, couples can find solace in knowing that they are entrusting their dream of parenthood to a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals. With over 30 years of experience, our experts Dr. Nalini Gupta ensure that patients receive personalized treatment plans based on their unique needs and medical histories.
With access to
A small river named Duden flows by their place and supplies it with the necessary regavelialia. It is a paradise.